Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 /hour
Summary of Job Duties:
The HR Administrative Assistant manages the day to day operations of the administration of the human resources policies, procedures, and programs. The HR Administrative Assistant carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: Human Resource Information Systems(HRIS), benefits enrollment and training, administrative and clerical support, tracking and reporting of data and uniform distribution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
HRIS/Tracking and Reporting
- Maintains the HRIS database and generates scheduled or requested reports to assist management.
- Updates existing and new hire employee information.
- Periodically audits the database to ensure accuracy.
- Updates attendance records and tracks points.
- Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in a timely manner.
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Provides day-to-day benefits administration services. Assist employees with any claim issues.
- Develops and schedules benefits orientations and other benefits training.
- Administers the 401(k) plan and completes yearly compliance reporting.
- Administers disability and worker’s compensation claims.
- Recommends changes in benefits offered, especially new benefits aimed at employee satisfaction and retention
Administrative and Clerical Support
- Provides clerical and operational support to other human resource staff and directors.
- Coordinates with payroll personnel on status and pay changes.
- Assists with new employee orientation and compliance training.
- Maintains leave of absence logs and doctors’ certification records.
- Performs the filing and maintaining of all personnel files
- Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information.
- Interacts with and supplies information to job applicants, employees, department heads, public and private agencies.
- Uniform Distribution
Responsible for the distribution of casino uniforms and maintains logs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma (or GED or high school Equivalency Certificate) is required. A Bachelor’s degree or one to three years of experience in Human Resources field is preferred.
The noise level in the working environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. May be exposed to secondhand smoke when on the casino floor.
Will be working indoor and have frequent contact with employees.