Salary: $70,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
Chicken Ranch Casino is seeking a Food and Beverage Director.
(The salary range for this position is $70,000 to Dependent on experience)
The Director of Food and Beverage is responsible for managing and overseeing all aspects of the administration and daily operations of the Food and Beverage department. The Director of Food and Beverage will perform all duties within the guidelines of the Casino’s policies and procedures, Internal Control Standards and objectives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for directing and supervising front and back of the house management staff and employees.
- Recommends restaurant opening and closing times, new venue ideas and staffing levels.
- Create and monitor the budget to ensure that the department runs efficiently to achieve established fiscal and performance goals.
- Conduct regular cover count, check average, food and beverage costs and projection analysis to maximize profitability.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the Food and Beverage Policies and Procedures. Develop departmental procedure manuals and ensure proper documentation and storage of all relevant materials.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of training programs for all areas of the Food and Beverage department.
- Oversee effective recruitment, hiring, training, recognition, coaching, terminations and other personnel related issues.
- Establish management objectives, evaluate employee performance and provide feedback to ensure that objectives are met.
- Communicate regularly with managers and keep them informed on all casino and Food and Beverage activities and events. Communicate regularly with employees and keep them informed on all casino activities and events.
- Ensure proper staffing levels and work schedules to provide a high level of service with minimum labor hours.
- Responsible for settling all disputes with customers, employees and supervisors.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all patrons and communicate in a pleasant, friendly and professional manner at all times. Maintain a professional work environment with supervisors and staff.
- Meet the attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Attend all necessary training meetings
- Lead projects, as directed.
- Assure all F & B areas to are in compliance with all applicable Tribal, Federal and State Health Department policies, procedures and associated laws.
- Indoors, environmentally controlled.
- Frequent contact with others.
- Fast paced, ever changing working environment
- Close physical proximity with customers and employees.
- Very high importance of being exact or accurate.
- May deal with unpleasant, angry or discourteous individuals.
- Long periods of standing and/or walking.
- Casinos are typically a smoking environment.
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5 years in field of food and beverage, casino experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, communication, coaching, team building and problem-solving skills.
- Must be knowledgeable in areas of retail cafeteria/restaurant food operations (i.e., marketing, promotion planning, pricing, product specifications, customer service, cash register operations, cash management, food, supplies, labor cost containment, sanitation, employee supervision, etc.)
- Must be able to maintain a Gaming license.
- Work nights, weekends and holidays as required. Exempt employees are expected to work whatever hours are necessary to accomplish the goals and deliverable’s of their exempt position. Thus, exempt employees have more flexibility in their schedules to come and go as necessary to accomplish work as non-exempt or hourly employees.
Job Type: Full-time