The cage cashier will receive and exchange cash, checks and credit cards for our guests. The position also requires providing best customer service practices, streamlining the guest transaction experiences. He or she may also issue payoffs as well as count/audit money in drawers.
- Performing the making of change for guests and converting gaming tickets to currency for gaming patrons.
- Keeping accurate records of monetary exchanges, authorization forms and transaction reconciliations, including winner payoffs.
- Counting funds and reconciling daily summaries to balance books.
- Working in and monitor assigned area on the casino floor where slot machines are located.
- Maintaining cage security according to all gaming regulations.
- Performing removal and rotation of chase and coin inventories as necessary.
Experience, Qualifications and Education:
- High School Diploma (or GED or high School Equivalence Certificate).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
Working Conditions: Long periods of sitting, standing and/or walking in a smoke environment.
Physical Requirements: Employees are required to meet the following physical demands as essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities.
Occasionally Required: Exerting 20-50 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, and pull to move objects. Climbing to move objects may be required at times. Exerting over 50 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, and pull to move objects.